Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Good Day

I felt better than I thought I would today after yesterday. I did get a late start again. Just made it time for spin class. Class went well, he worked us really hard again this week. I do spin on Wednesday because I don't want to go out in the morning and get carried away with the miles then do speed work that night. I've been working hard at keeping my heart rate up in spin class. But I never really know how hard I'm working until I do my warm up before speed work that night. I was totally dragging and kept thinking how am I going to make it thru speed work.

When I finally got back to the track I had a nice surprise. Someone new!!! and they actually told me they think she would be a perfect match. Do you remember me telling you that I'm in a group that runs about 7:30 to 8 mins miles. Right now I'm at a stage where I've drop from 8:00/8:30 (goal 7:30)to a 8:30/9:00 miles which I'm not too happy about. I was always behind the group. So tonight it was actually nice. At first I led the laps the first 2 miles. But in the end we really ran close and she pull me along when I thought I would quit. We exchange numbers and hopefully will get in some long runs together. From what I gather though she is only here until August and then she back to Texas. She seems pretty young so maybe she is a student.

Well tonight I had a nice PR for speed work. I was Thrill. I PR by about two minutes I was shock when my watch said 7:40 for our first mile (4X400) I know when I first started I may have been motivate to accomplish this. But for the last year its been a struggle. I know they say it takes longer for some but why tonight of all nights. I'm happy it felt good. It could be that all the miles I've started putting in again is helping also. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch. I'm keeping my finger cross that this is a good sign I'm getting out of my rut. :)

July 13 AM
Spin class 45min
2 miles on thred mill
20 mins circuit

July 13 pm
2.4 miles warm up thru the park
3 miles Speed work (12X400)

3 miles jog/walk with the boys :) (we did in 45mins again tonight)

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...