Thursday, June 23, 2005

Imagination

That's what I used this morning to get through my eight miles. I felt great this morning. I hope at 8:30 Sunday morning is half as nice because that is when I run the Fairfield Half.

This morning I used my imaginary elite world class runners to keep me at a 9:30 pace and it felt good. We were running in a triangle I was the point, one just behind my right heel the other right behind my left heel. I led but when we got to the hills I would let them go ahead to pull me along. What a great way to play....

I used the same tactic with my boys today after work to get them going. Both will be very active this fall with sports. I want to give them a head start. It was tough getting the 12yr old out the door but eventually he came. My 17 year old is a big guy, he'll do almost anything I ask him and he wants to be ready for football. He is a boy in a man's body. 6'4 and about 240lbs. He makes me nervous when I see him run. I always think he is going to stumble over any minute. I should know better, he has been playing football for the last three years. I guess that's the mom in me. We had a great time. We walked for 10 mins jogged for 5 mins, sometimes we jogged a bit longer. We did 3 miles in about 45mins. We did this last year on the track. We had planned on going to the Y after but we didn't make it there.
my imaginary technique with the boys.....we were in the Army now!! I sang cadance 1,2, 3, 4. I mile very good, 2 miles better yet, 3 miles we're on our way home, 4 miles open the door, 1, 2, 3, 4.........:)


8 miles am
30mins weights am
3mles Pm walk/jog with the boys :)

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...