Saturday, March 26, 2011

I did the 1st Annual Sleepy Hollow ½ today, this is the second new race I have done recently, Last weekend I did the Savin Rock ½. Always wonderful to do something I have never done before and I really enjoyed them. The courses were very hilly and I am not the monster I use to be when it comes to hills. I have come to the realization that I must do hill repeats to get me over this stumble because the hills isn’t going away. I am feeling really good with my running of late. My only hope this year is to break 2 hours in the half and PR in the marathon. I am just glad to believe that it’s possible for me to accomplish this, this year. Remember my anguish of all the weight and inches I gained, well after more than a year and a half struggling to loose it again things seems to be falling in place, yes with God’s blessings, I have broken the plateau, something I thought would never happen, I actually thought someone had put a curse on me, LOL any way I should be in bed right now because I am running a 30k in the morning that starts at 7:30. I have made a promise to do my best to update at least once a week.

Happy running!!

5 comments:

Read/Write/Run said...

Hey Dawn,

Good luck with your run tomorrow. I'll be going for a 8 miler on a nearby rail trail out in the woods.

Glad to hear your plan is starting to work. Keep at it!

Regarding those hills, I'm a firm believer that you have to befriend those darn things-even convince yourself that you enjoy them. I've found in the past that doing moderate hill repeats can really bring you a lot of confidence as long as you don't overdo it and pull something.

If you get a chance, stop by my blog and say hello.

Ken

Thomas Bussiere said...

Tear it up girl - Hope your run goes well today. Getting stronger each day! Sometimes we need to experience the low to appreciate the high.

Black Knight said...

I hope that you have run a good 30k.
I am sure you will reach your goals on the half and the whole marathon, you are working well.

Dubs said...

Just hang with it and it will come together. Wish we lived closer - I'd run with you and pace you to your goals!! When you get tired, remember that we are cheering for you. I remember a race that I was tired and wanted to back off, then realized I would have to explain myself in blogland. :) I thought of comments you all wrote and got my butt in gear!

Laura said...

Congratulations on two really long races so close together! I think you can definitely hit your goal of sub-2... you are certainly putting the work in :)

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...