Sunday, February 03, 2008

On Friday I got in 6.57 miles @10:34 I felt ok not great. On Saturday I did 13.01 miles at about the same pace. The route I took was not an easy one. I like it that way makes me work a bit harder. I also took along my water bottle, I haven't done this since this past summer. By mile two I took my jacket and gloves off. I think it may have been in the high 3o's by then. I finish the run, not strong but I got it done.

Today Sunday took me forever to get out the door. I was so tempted to race this morning. That's what took up most of my time. When I finally decided, it was too late because registration was closing at 9:15 and the race starts at 9:30 it was already 8:40 I needed at least 35 mins. for the drive.

So out the door for a regular run. My intent was only to do at most about 5 maybe 6 and try to get back intime for church. That did not happen and once again I have to ask God's forgiveness for putting another thing before him. The run turned in to 8 miles. At 8 miles it was 10:06 and I was still 2 miles away from home and church starts at 10:30 so I decided to do double digits again today. Final 11.02 miles @10.25 pace. 8.57, 6.11, 6.21, 8.13, 8.07, 7.27, 5.32,4.52,6.21,7.32,7.34 can anyone tell me how these best pace splits turn into a 10.25 pace!! :)

Happy running everyone and enjoy the SUPERBOWL!!!

8 comments:

Neese said...

hahha it's hard to believe especially when at one point you hit a 4.52 pace, man what were you focused on at that moment I would love to know.

thanks for your encouragement, btw... i'll put that ticker back up once i'm running again right now it feels too much pressure even though it is 9 months away

XOXO

(those are hugs and kisses not superbowl plays haha)

Sunshine said...

Maybe it is good to be happy that you ended up doing what you wanted and needed to do. Good job.
Yes, I agree with your comment that February can tend to be more of the same (January!) .. but I am cheered that it is one month closer to April.

Dubs said...

Downhill??

Good job on the double digits. On some long runs, I think I'm more connected then some of the boring services in Church. :)

Note: Dr. Monie wasn't preaching on those days. ;) He is my favorite!

PS - my race WAS chip timed, so was the high school state meet.. so odd, not sure how chips can get messed up.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

I was so tempted to race this morning. That's what took up most of my time. When I finally decided, it was too late because registration was closing at 9:15 and the race starts at 9:30
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOLOL I can see it now, wait I am coming as ur putting one shoe on and U have the other in ur hand.

Well glad u got ur run in today even though it wasnt a race!

Mir said...

Nice job on the runs this weekend!

Love2Run said...

Good work Dawn, you're thinking good thoughts and that counts for something ;-) Keep on trucking!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Dawn
You never cease to amaze me with the volume of miles that you put in... you are one dedicated runner.

I do think it is interesting that you have that ability to just decide to do a race last minute. I am so much of a planner that even a little change in my routine can drive me crazy.. I wish I had your spontaneity.

Best of luck.

Unknown said...

Nice running out there. I know God will forgive. I have to ask forgiveness for the same reason all too often.

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...