Monday, December 03, 2007

Wish I had more to say

I wish I had more to say. My running this past week have pretty much been nil. My last run was Wednesday my last post. Then on Saturday against my better judgment I did a very difficult 5k that kick my butt. I hope I have a better week. I'm starting to turn into a poker. I actually said I was in my fat phase today to someone so I should enjoy another cookie. God help me.

Here is to a better week. I ran this morning in 50f pretty cool since Sunday we had snow and it was like 20F but felt like 9F according to the weather report. Got in about 6.01 miles @9.57. Which surprise me because because although I tried I did not run on Sunday.

I going to sneak off to the gym and get a few more in and some weights as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
You inspire me with your grit and determination, not to mention your high mileage! It looks like life is forcing you to slow down, but look at the bright side- often an enforced rest, like tapering, can result in faster times. Don't get discouraged. If you can't get quantity I know your miles will be quality ones.

Mir said...

I know you'll pull out of this rut soon. Maybe try to get a couple of runs in without worrying about pace or time--sometimes that helps me when I'm down.

Wow, if you're in a fat phase, then I think I must be too--I've been eating WAY too much junk food lately...:)

Sunshine said...

Be of good cheer. The rhythum of your life will have you running any day soon.
Just think of all the ice we have under foot here.. and rejoice.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Thanks Dawn for not calling me nuts--lol

Good job getting ur run in...has to be hard a bit with the colder temps..I do remember a pic of you last year all bundled up to go run:-) looks like its here already again huh...ahhhh time goes fast...

umm it's OK to have a cookie or two YOU have had an awesome race season in 2007 and also had a first year freshman to worry about..YOU HAVE DONE GREAT...ENJOY the HOlidays IF Anyone deserves to it's you!

RunToTheFinish said...

Sometimes you have to back off your plan a little to really review what your priorities are. You've have some major mental determination though and like everyone else has said I know you'll figure it out.

Unknown said...

I enjoy way too many cookies all the time so don't feel bad. Beautiful picture of you below. Good luck to Elliot and finals.

peter said...

Weight training. That's what I'm lacking. I think you're doing just fine. What could be better than doing just what you want to do? Have another cookie. A PR is lurking in here somewhere.

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...