Sunday, April 01, 2007

Greater Danbury Half


I did my least favorite half marathon race today. The Danbury Half in its third year. Why do I come back!!!(Supports the American Red Cross)This course is brutal for a half marathon huge hills and a good amount of rolling hills, would you believe this is the only course I've ever remembered before the race!!!.
results have not posted yet.
my unofficial time 2:06:23. I think I did about 30 seconds faster than last year. Last year my goal was to finish just under two hours. This year that was also my goal. Not quite sure what happen this year. I felt good got a good nights sleep and even got to the race with plenty of time to spare (even after going to the 8:30 church service). Just one thing I wore my updated Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7, I just wanted to be sure that this shoe was not update with me in mind. I have 3 more days before I get my GTS 6 in the mail!!!! Thank God for little things.
Here are my splits. I will check for official results later. Not my best 1/2 not my worst somewhere inbetween :)
1-8:36
2-8:59
3-9:03
4-9:16
5-9:26
6-10:15 hill
7-9:40
8-9:35
9-10:17 hill
10-10:30 hill?
11-10:14 tired by the hills best pace 6:21 :)
12-9:04 down hill best pace 5:37 :)
13-9.25
.20=8:46
Final 2:06:23 Average Pace 9:29 Best pace 5:37
average HR 177 max 187

6 comments:

Love2Run said...

Are you tired yet? We're going to have to nickname you the compulsive racer! Now if you rested or tapered for one of these...

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Love2Run said...Are you tired yet? We're going to have to nickname you the compulsive racer!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOL Dawn is a RACE Event Machine!!

Dawn you have to shoot a photo of ALL your Race BIB's spread out over your bed or maybe U can spell ur name or something creative then take a Pic for us...that will be cool to see!

Great Job, now that is a RACE weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Wait a minute...didn't you just do a marathon last weekend or did I just dream that? You are a race director's dream.

Taper? She don't need no stinking taper!

Thomas said...

2 things:

1) Well Done!!!
2) You need you head examined.

Unknown said...

You definitely are a race junkie, Dawn. Congrats on another one. I wish I could get out there half as often as you do.

Renee said...

I think someone might have said this already but I'll just say it:

1) Well Done!!!
2) You need your head examined.

Dawn, you're awesome!

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...