Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spring Equinox 8K



I did the 8k Spring Equinox today. I'm happy to report, I made it to the race on time. The race starts at 2:00 in the afternoon so how could I be late for this one. The only trouble I have with afternoon races is what to eat in the morning. I think I only ate a apple and a yogurt. When I got home from church, I started dinner, then got dress for the race. I still had some time so I started flipping through the channels on the TV. Sitting on the couch I started to get very tired. This was my signal to leave the house and get going.

Got to the race cite, man was it cold and breezy. I believe there were snow flurries today also. I was pretty comfortable with what I wore for the race. It stills amazes me that in such cold temperatures you still overheat. The last 3k of the race I took my jacket and gloves off but I kept my hoody on to keep the wind out of my face.

The race went well no official time yet. My garmin said I did 5.24 miles and averaged about 8.15 per mile. When I crossed the finished line the race clock said 43.50 that would be about 8:40 per mile. Last year I ran this race after doing the Boston Blow out 30k the very same morning of the race. Let me tell you something it was not a pretty picture that day. I think I averaged about 10:15 pace. My best time for this race, my 2003 time of 43:04. The course is not bad at all except for that killer hill around the 2k mark, the fact that I did 22 miles the day before did not help either. Why is it that I never remember the race course until I'm back on them again.

I've become very lazy about blogging lately. I don't like to get so for in between posting. There is just too much to remember.

March 19, 2005

8K (4.95 miles) race (spring equinox)

March 18, 2006

22 miles (LSD)

March 17, 2006

00

March 16, 2006

8.5 Miles

March 15, 2006

4.0 miles (no speed work:( was working late :(

March 14, 2006

7.6 miles

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...