Sunday, June 26, 2005

I Finished

Just browsing the Blogs ran across Ben's http://haroldthecat.net.nz/ben.run/ describing his day at a half marathon. We were both in extreme weather today. His was the opposite of mine, freezing cold. Mine was extremely hot and humid, almost 90 degrees . We both took extreme caution to finish the race. I tend to forget a lot about the courses I've run until I run them again the following year. The Fairfield half is never known for great weather and the course itself is not the easiet, very hilly . The first year I did this race it was in pouring rain I completed the half in 1:55 this was about 4 mins slower than my PR . The following year I did it in 1:57 it was about 75 degrees that year. This year I completed the race in 2:07. This is the 2nd time I've ran a half over 2hrs and it happen this year. I don't think I'm as brave as I use to be when I first started racing. I finished the race and that's something to be proud of. There were at least 9 shower sprinklers along the course, The neighbors were helping also. There were at least 10 water/aid stations along the way also. I took advantage of every last one of them.
http://www.partypics.com/ver2/ViewImage.aspx?OrderNo=26083688&Roll=00043&Frame=0030

2 comments:

ben.run said...

At the end of my run I had a half hour shower. A very HOT shower!!!!
I certainly would not of been too pleased at anyone trying to aim their sprinklers at me during the race!!!

Good run!

Ben.

DawnB said...

Ben,
thanks, on this day we welcomed the spinklers and it was wonderful they helped us along the way.