Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Hi there

 I’m glad I found my blog again. With this year full of uncertainties I have managed to dig really deep and keep going with my passion of doing what I love to do, run. I feel so blessed to have this passion. 

I don’t believe I’ve missed many running days. I did the Waveny Summer XC Series which was basically the only real racing anywhere. Thankful to the RD Jim, who was very persistent in getting it approved by the town. We had something to look forward to weekly from May to the first week of September.

I kept myself involved by doing as many of the same races I do every year virtually. That means I kept up with the Norwalk and Westport Summer series as well and a few more races and challenges .

My Saturday running group the Joggers Club kept going through the summer since the Series were cancelled. I was grateful as I had an activity to attend every Saturday which helped with a lot of the Virtual racing I was doing. I will continue until we are back to some normalcy hopefully in the near future.

I’ve just recently started doing track work again  with The Los Runners. I had my second session today it was tough a lot harder than my first. I really want to be consistent with this as I still have goals. 

I am still working from home and I just registered for a very important certification exam which I know will take away from my running in the coming weeks. I am in a 2020 in 2020 challenge but confident I will get it done as currently at about 1865 miles for the year.

Will be back soon to make another entry till then stay safe and well.

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...