Monday, January 02, 2012

Time to get back on track; the holidays are pretty much behind us. I still have my Anniversary and hubby’s birthday this month but I’ll just think healthy and New Year and that will keep me on track. I want to start now not after these.

I am starting off by keeping my running log current but who knows what will happen by the time July comes around, lol, July 30th my last entry for 2011 :(.

I will also get back to my food log; I can’t be distracted, this will keep me on my toes about what I shove into my month.

I will also try to get more sleep although I did not go to bed until about 2:30 this morning. I need to get more sleep. I will make this a priority this year.

Every year I basically follow the same race schedule, I always look for opportunities to run a new race so this year will not be any different than the last 10 or so years.

My New Year started off with a recovery run, 5.02 miles Sunday morning, I felt great, just being out was therapy. Today I had a longer run of 10+ miles another good day to be out and about. I ran with my friend, I feel really guilty though because she is way faster than me and I believe I slow her down all the time. I want her to run her own pace even if it means us running only 5 to 10 minutes together when we first meet up. I guess somehow we will eventually work this out.

Happy running!!

Jan 2- 10.64miles
Jan 1- 5.05 miles









2 comments:

Thomas Bussiere said...

Looks like a great start for 2012. Go strong - Go long.

Black Knight said...

A very good way to start this 2012.
Don't feel yourself guilty because I am sure that your friend prefers to train a little slower instead of running alone.
Moreover, with her, you can improve your speed.

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...