Monday, February 23, 2009

Took my mom to the airport this morning, this is her first travel since her awful fall in Sept of 07 that damaged her rotator cuff. A very long journey for her, the operation, then an infection from the pain management tool, the hospital stay that led to 4 months at a nursing home. This is when I started going down hill with my running because I was at her side every night, plus I had Kelly to worry about as well. I would gladly do it again. She had been going to physical therapy since April of 2008 her last visit to them was in Jan. She still have movement issue in her left had because of muscle damage but she is about 90% and we thank God every day for his blessing.

Mom Enjoy your stay in Jamaica, you deserve this and more.

I took her to the airport early so I did not go out first thing this morning. I was back home by 10:30 and did not have to be at work until 12:30. So I went for a run, it was a gorgeous day but very windy, I was kicking garbage cans out of the street.

I almost gave up the evening, I was tired got home at 6:50 wanted to rest until 7:30 it was after 8 when I finally forced myself out the door. I went to the gym wanted to start weights again this week. I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill then tried to get in at least 1 set of 15 reps in 5 mins because the Y closes at 9:00pm. I wanted to be in bed by 10 tonight but it did not work out that way. I going now.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Rejoice! You really are some Hero!

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...