I'm trying my best to do the best with what I have. I haven't posted about running in a while. I'm still training. I'm trying to remember some of my most memorable moments.
1. I had my first most embarrassing moment during one of my long runs. Thank God I spotted a porta pot after the fact, but was still 50 yards away. I'm only glad it wasn't during a race .
2. Couple of really bad races because of the heat and humidity. Just don't have what it takes any longer but I keep going because I know this too shall pass.
3. Almost fell in a race again but I stop myself. only to feel the after affects for the next few days. a strain right cheek and I'm not referring to the face.
4. I am getting out the door a little bit earlier but still not early enough to complete a 10 miler in the am.
5. I've had the pleasure of running with someone whom is one of my biggest inspiration. She is 20 years older than me, I've never beat her in a race she gave me some great suggestions and I really appreciate it.
6. I actually felt good running the age graded this week at XC
7. I was giving up a race this weekend because I got an email from the race director that we need people at the water stops. I just could not bring myself to say no. He was surprised I accepted and thought I was injured. Then I told him I would rather run , I just felt awful saying no. He then said the email was to see if we had someone family or friends that would do the volunteering . I'm still feeling guilty.
8. I got caught in the rain today, I was soaked. I did not feel good about it.