Tuesday, February 19, 2008

wow I can't believe a whole week flew by, yesterday was presidents' day. I took a day off today, Just really needed it. What can I say about my week except I did not get many miles in. Monday I took a restday. Tuesday I got in about 4.5 miles, Wednesday I did 5 miles on the treadmill. Although I'm much more of a friend to the treadmill these days, I still don't like it but I do what I have to. And for some crazy reason after being outside and draging along it feels so much easier and faster on the treadmill, the treadmill gives me back some hope that its not all in vain. Thursday another 2 miles on the threadmill and Friday I did 6 miles outside. Saturday I did The Stratford 4 miler Sweatheart Run. This race would kick anyones butt. I was really skiptical about going. Turned out not bad at all. My first two miles was 7:55 & 7:57 the last hill of the race(there were a few) really kicked my but and I took a walking break. My average ended with 8:52 with a final time of 35:27. I'm noticing a trend here, a couple of my races that I've taken a few seconds to walk result was better than in pass when I had'nt walk.

Well thats all I have to offer for now. Hope everyone is have a great week.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What would the week be without a race? It was odd for me this weekend going without, but I'll double up next weekend to make up for it. Enjoy your week.

Love2Run said...

WTG Dawn! That was a good 1st 2 miles but then something must have happened with those hills. Keep on keeping on!

Unknown said...

Nice job with the running. And, congratulations on finally getting your well deserved spot at the NYC Marathon.

peter said...

My PR in the 10K, from 2001, which I can't beat, I took a 100 yard walking break (I was going too fast and suddenly I just found myself...walking). This bugs the heck out of me.

Nice job on the running, and on the resting. Rest is good.

Bill Carter said...

Hi Dawn

There is certainly nothing wrong with walking a little during a run. Alot of the experts of great advocates for a run/walk way of getting through a race or long workout. The surprising thing is that for alot of people it does make them faster.. just as you have found.

Glad to see your training is going well and best of luck:-)

Nancy said...

There's a whole movement of people lobbying for the walk break :D Guess you are finding the benefits.

I'm so excited for you on NYC.

Hope you are well.

XOXO

Dubs said...

Great job Dawn!! Sounds like you conquored that race!! I've had people walking pass me up a hill in the past - sometimes it is the smartest thing to do!!

I am not that big of a fan of treadmills, but I would be on one regularly if I had your cold weather!!

GB said...

Hi Dawn! Nice race you had a couple weeks ago. I agree with taking a few seconds to walk. I do that through water stations and I never lose time on the course. In fact, I always feel stronger throughout. My legs just feel more fresh when I take a few seconds to walk here and there.

Reese said...

Thanks for stopping by. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'll keep up with your blog.

Dr. Marc and Tanya said...

Dawn, Thanks for visiting our site.Walk breaks are great, I use them in most races, in marathons I always walk through water stations. It is amazing how energized I feel after walking a few seconds, my legs feels so strong. These breaks allow me to run strong to the finish line.
MJ

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...