Monday, December 24, 2007






Loving God, Help us remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and worship of the wise men.
Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings,and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.
May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children,and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake. Amen.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

10 comments:

Thomas said...

Merry Christmas, Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, many blessings to you and your family.

Christie said...

Merry Christmas :)

Dubs said...

Dawn,

Merry Christmas!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful day together. Wishing you peace, happiness and PRs for 2008!!!

Bill Carter said...

Dawn

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

peter said...

Nice thoughts, Dawn. Thanks for the quote.

Love2Run said...

All the best Dawn! Merry Christmas!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Merry Christmas Dawn & Happy New Year!!

Nancy said...

Nice post, Dawn. I was trying to explain this to my babies but they don't quite get it yet. They have a cousin who's birthday is Dec 25th so that complicates things. I said, the whole reason we do this is it is someone VERY VERY special's birthday, today. My three year old says, "my cousin Ian?"

I'll keep trying. :D
Hope you had a great celebration of the season.

Sunshine said...

What a precious prayer for our time! If I ever read that, it must have been long ago.
I think "Loving God" is one of the most important aspects of God.

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...