Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tempo I tried but


I did not get enough sleep last night finally I got out of bed at 2:00AM and made some sleepy time tea I did not return to bed until 3:15AM. I open my eyes at 6:15 and was out the door by 6:41. I warmed up for about 1.5 miles at a pace of 10mins. I could not get into the tempo pace. I tried and tried my first 3 miles I could not dip below 9 so I gave up and ran the next two at my easy pace. I was just too tired. There is hope though, I running a 11 miler race on Saturday hopefully this will make up for goofing off today. I did 7.56 miles and walked another 1.5 miles

August 17, 2006
7.56 miles
1.50 Walked miles

2 comments:

Jank said...

sometimes just getting out the door is tempo enough.

Phil said...

I don't think I'd call running 7.5 miles on 3 hours sleep "goofing off". We all have days where either work obligations or family concerns keep us from running at our peak performance. For me, these down days are what make the great days feel so good.

Thanks for your input on your training program. I'm using the same process to train for a 10k at the end of September. My next targeted race after that is my first marathon at the end of January '07. I'll be interested to see how well the program works for you. It's working great for me so far, but I'm only trying to cover 6 miles at race pace.

Hope you get some sleep tonight and tear up the road tomorrow.

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...