Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Biggest Chicken of all


Because I'm sitting here instead of doing my XC tonight. I'm just not as brave as I use to bee. The race time was even delayed to 7:30 instead of 7:00 there was going to be a water stop!!!(there is never one) and they were cutting the course from a 5k to 4K. I rushed home cooked dinner for the boys, did a load of laundry and I still had time to get back out the to door but no not me. I just could not muster up enough nerve to go back out in 102F.

Guess what? I'm sitting here typing this and I hear the thunder loud, loud thunder and lightening. And its pouring, someone was certainly watching over me today. I know now that I made the right decision. Usually the weather is a lot worst in the town I work- which is where the xc races are. Wow it sounds pretty bad. I have no Idea what kept me here today.

I was a little stiff on Monday but I managed to do 6 miles and hit the gym for about 30 mins of circuit.

This morning was really hot and humid I ran to the beach and back home. Turned out to be about 8 miles.

July 18th, 2006
8 miles

July 17, 2006
6.02 miles
30min circuit

I have to go severe thunderstorms going on right now!!!

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...