Sunday, June 19, 2005

Norwalk summer series

Yes, it started today with the 3 miler. I hope to do better my next race. I would say 90% of the people are the same as last year. It is good to see the same faces over and over again. I tell my non running friends that I'm not the only Forest Gump out there. They don't believe me, they are amazed of what I do most weekends.

I'm thinking of purchasing a bike. I walked into the bike shop next to the job. Yikes I better get a lot of consulting before I embark on this purchase.

Its father's day today, I letting my Husband decide what he wants to do so I'm not going there right now.We went to church this morning, my husband informed me he is not doing anything until after the Yankees game today. His day so I let it go.

I went to the cemetery with my mom to visit my step dad. He's the only Dad I've known for the last 31years. He died Jan 7th this year at the age of 80. Then my mom and I had lunch.

Since my husband is still watching the Yankees, I went and change the oil in my car. I hated going because they always insist I need a 100 other things done to my car. This time I got away with only an oil change, power fluid change, engine flush, front and rear differentials change and a transmission flush. Boy was I lucky.

Saturday 3miles race
10 miles on the treadmill
25 Mins on the elliptical
40 minutes weight training

I did all this out of respect to my husband, for Sunday on fathers day I did not want to get up and do a long run. I did cook him a special breakfast before church and instead of him getting the boys ready for church, I did.

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there.

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...