Monday, October 12, 2009

I left the office a little later than I had wanted to. I felt this need to do a run, a recovery run from my long run on Saturday that included a marathon. My last long run before NYC. I felt good this morning and all day I thought about this run. I knew it would only be a few miles and if I managed to get five in that would certainly make my day. I went to the park, when I go to the park I like to get at least two to three loops of the park. I was able to get one loop done, as I came up the grassy hill, I stop and ask the woman walking her dog, "do you think I have another twenty minutes before it get too dark to run through the woods? "Well I think we may have ten minutes before it gets dark” With that I knew I had to stay out of the woods. I did the rest of my run on the open fields of the park on the grass. The grass was a welcome cushion for my feet, exactly what I needed. The children were still practicing football and the field was lighted, this made my run even more enjoyable and I was able to get just a little over five miles in. I don’t know if I should feel this good only two days after running 27 miles but I’m glad I do, NYC here I come. I don’t think I’ll be disappointed this year.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Dawn, you are amazing. Have fun in NYC

Love2Run said...

That's quite the warmup for NYC. Good luck during the taper.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you are feeling ready, you are ready.
So great!

Christie said...

I guess the best preparation for running a marathon is running a marathon. You are so ready for NYC.

Anonymous said...

Did you run a marathon to prepare a marathon? You are a "War-machine"! But I think this is the right time to taper. Have fun in NYC!

CTmarathoner said...

Dawn, you are definately ready to take on NYC --just stay healthy!! Good training marathon/long run on Sunday!! what amazing weather --wish i had planned to run Steamtown (instead of maine, where had a nasty cold and decided to drop into the half)--maybe next year.
see you before NYC hopefully...

CTmarathoner said...

i mean, long run/race on sat!! hartford had great weather also...congrats!!

Michelle said...

Hi Dawn,
I was thinking about you and wanted to stop by and see how you are doing. Apparently, you are doing awesomely!!! And that makes me happy!!! I do not think you will be disappointed this year in NYC!!!! Focus and you are there my friend!!!!

Michelle

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...