Saturday, April 22, 2006

Almost Didn't Happen

Because it took me the whole day to decide to finally just do it. I lounge around almost the whole day. I watched television and listened to the rain and the wind and justified why I should not run today. I even tried to pull the old "I'm running a race tomorrow" gig. Then I thought this is not you Dawn, you need the run before a race to use as the excuse for not doing well in the race :). Finally at 4:30 pm I stuck my head out the door to see what it was really like out there. My husband saw me and told me to "just get out there and do it you use to run in worst than this" I guess that was all I needed to get me out the door.

Am I glad I did!! What a wonderful run I had. I haven't had one of these effortless run in a while and it just felt wonderful. I kept trying to put scenarios together as to why I'm feel so good. Could it be that I rested all day and was not up at the crack of dawn? Could it be the sandwich I ate just before I got dress? What is making me feel so much better today than I have lately? Whatever it was I'm glad I got off the couch and out the door and experienced something I've missed.... An effortless run....

April 22, 2006
7.63 miles

No comments:

  I am still here!  Ended 2021 strong.  Felt good and was back in the best shape I've been in a while . Went back to the office June of ...